About Diamond Pet Foods
Founded in 1970, Diamond Pet Foods is a family owned and privately held company. Our mission is to provide the highest quality pet foods at an affordable price so that everyone, from a commercial kennel operation to a child feeding their first puppy or kitten, could afford high quality nutrition.
Diamond Pet Foods is a leading manufacturer of super premium, nutritious and natural pet foods. It's the choice of top breeders, kennel owners, sporting enthusiasts and family pet owners worldwide.
151 Quality Checks
Diamond Pet Foods cares about the health and safety of your pet. From incoming ingredients to outgoing product, our extensive quality control system checks our pet food for quality assurance every step of the way. Look for our 151 Quality Checks stamp on every Diamond product — it marks our commitment to quality.
Formulas for Every Pet
Diamond offers formulas for all stages of life and levels of activity. Special ingredients such as DHA, L-carnitine, glucosamine and chondroitin are added to address specific pet life stage and lifestyle needs. Specialty formulas within the Diamond Naturals portion of the line offer corn and wheat-free formulas for sensitive dogs and cats.
Always Innovating. Never Settling.
Diamond Pet Foods researches, develops and implements market strategies, products and manufacturing processes to maintain a cutting edge in the pet food industry. This commitment and dedication has made us the first pet manufacturer to successfully market a super-premium product through a mass merchant, market products containing naturally preserved chicken fats and meals, incorporate Omega-3/Omega-6 fatty acid technology in all our canine products and use highly digestible egg and low-ash meals in mid-price products.
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
On January 1, 2012, a new law will come into effect in California, designed to increase transparency for consumers. The new law will motivate businesses to ensure human rights are respected throughout their supply chains. Diamond Pet Foods has undertaken efforts to ensure and verify the absence of forced labor and child labor in our supply chain.
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (SB 657), effective January 1, 2012, requires companies to report on specific actions taken to eradicate slavery and human trafficking in their supply chain. In response to this act, Diamond Pet Foods has done the following:
- Diamond has employed a 3rd party vendor to provide detailed reports on countries that are potential risks for human trafficking and slavery.
- Diamond has announced audits of suppliers to evaluate the potential risk of slavery and human trafficking in the products they supply.
- Diamond requires all suppliers to provide a certificate to the effect that their products were not produced by using human trafficking or forced labor.
- Diamond requires all employees and suppliers to follow all local labor laws including laws dealing with slavery and human trafficking.
- Diamond has employed a 3rd party vendor to train Diamond employees on how to identify products that may have been produced using slavery or human trafficking, and how to respond to discovery of a supplier using slavery or human trafficking.